So i decided recently to try out some gluten free cupcake recipes since i myself have to have a low gluten diet and i also know a few people who have to have a completely gluten free diet and i know how hard it can be when friends and family eat lots of cakes and you can have any.
So since i have been cooking a lot recently i wanted to make my own gluten free lemon and blueberry cupcakes.
I found the recipe on bakingmad.com and i am literally obsessed with this website. It has all my recipe needs!
So here is the recipe that you can try even if you don't follow a gluten free diet, they are a nice change and can be enjoyed by the whole family.
For the cupcakes, you will need:
- 2 1/3 cups plain Gluten free flour mix ( i got mine from Asda)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Gluten free baking powder
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries
For the frosting, you will need:
- 1 1/2 cups icing/powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
Pre- heat the oven to 180 degree c (fan oven)
- In a large bowl mix together the margarine and sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing well after each one. If the mixture begins to curdle add a bit of flour.
- Sift the gluten free flour mix and baking powder into the large bowl, add the vanilla and milk and mix until smooth.
- Add the lemon zest and blueberries, mix with a spoon.
- Spoon the mixture into a cupcake tray lined with cases, filling then 2/3 full.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 mins.
- For the frosting mix together the butter, icing sugar, vanilla, lemon zest and milk together until smooth. This can then be put onto of the cupcakes one they have cooled.
- Decorate with a blueberry.